Thursday, June 30, 2011

On the way to Chicago

Julie and I had a lazy morning on Tuesday, followed by an afternoon in East Aurora, NY, having lunch at Tantalus and wandering up and down the main street with its trendy shops, spending lots of time in Vidler's.  It is billed as the largest five and dime in the United States, with two floors and four attached buildings of fun stuff.

Wednesday, I set out at 7:30 for Chicago.  I could see signs of reaching the midwest;  irrigation sprinklers,  the large farms,  road trains--two or three semi trailers connected together.  After more than 500 miles, I pulled in to a motel at Chesterton, Indiana.  I noticed a sign for some dunes and decided to check them out.  They are along a beach on Lake Michigan.  Some photos below:













Shows one of the dunes--you can see a guy running up the hill.


Looking out at Lake Michigan















Good watch dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment