Friday, July 22, 2011

Arizona



In Lupton, one of my first sights was these horses, strolling along the side of the road.




The road was dirt for awhile...



Holbrook is well known for its Wigwam Village Motel, one of seven such villages around the country.  Each village had individual rooms designed to resemble Indian teepees.  Each unit originally had a pay-per-listen radio!




Nearby is the Petrified Forest,which I didn't visit, so there is lots of the wood being sold, and used, such as for the sign below welcoming people to Holbrook.



A business selling the wood.



I turned south at Holbrook to go visit my friends in Payson, about 95 or so miles from Rt. 66.  As I drove down, I saw these windmills in the setting sun.


I stayed with my friends for 5 days before getting back on 66.  I will continue with my visit and more of the Mother Road.

1 comment:

  1. It's been quite a week back here in Connecticut. Ths is my first chance to catch up with you on the road. What GREAT pictures. It is definitely a fascinating stretch of America. I'm so happy "we" are taking this trip.

    ReplyDelete