Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Still in Arizona

I drove into Ash Fork and dropped into the Vistor Center/66 museum.  Many towns along the road have one of these, with memorabilia from the old road. The woman there told me that the beauty shop in town was used for "Cars", the movie.  Since I just saw the movie with my friends in Payson, I doubled back to check it out.


Other sights from Ash Fork...



Speaking of "Cars", the next town was Seiligman, the town on which the movie was primarily based.    The Snow Cap Drive-In, an old business, not only serves hamburger-shake type fare, it also has many 66 artifacts in its back yard.  You may recognize some of the "Cars" faces!






The car wash sign says "The best hand job in town"!!




Time to get on the road...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment